Thursday, May 7, 2009

Thursday's Thoughts

I'm surprised I haven't got yelled at...no posts for a whole week...that's not like me! We have been our usual busy selves. Well not quite as busy as past weeks.


~My neighbor came by this week to yell at us about Puck's barking at night. Then I said it was because the paramedics and fire dept were here because I kept passing out because we couldn't leave our three small children unattended so Brian could take me to the hospital. And he quietly left. He popped over the fence a couple days later to apologize to Brian...not to me though. I'm the one he yelled at.

~Brooklynn has been so CRABBY the last few days. How bad is it, that I want to go to the gym, just to get a break from her whining and crying? I feel like a terrible mom, but I am seriously going c-r-a-z-y. But this is why:
see that cute little tooth pokin through!? There are more on the way.

~I'm really trying to do the Love Dare book, but he isn't making it easy. Speaking of books, I think I'm joining my friend Vicky's book club. It's called Wine and Brownies...could it be more perfect?! Wine, brownies and a good book - I think not. Our first book (well the first one since I joined) is Revolutionary Road.
~I had a slight backslip today...it hit 100 degrees and I SWEAR Sonic was screaming my name. It was like some force was pulling my to their drive thru. And it was 2:03 - happy hour - so I had my first coke in 3 months. I'm so weak. Ohhhh, but was it good! I am going to limit myself to 1 Sonic a week - for now ;o)

~What free or cheap things do you do with your kids in the summertime? I need a list for my Moms group. So far I have:
Lowe's & Home Depot workshops

~I had a Pampered Chef party last night - thanks to all the girls who came by! You know I was worried no one would show ;o)
~I'm still bummed that I missed my race. Well more than bummed. My friend Janelle picked up my bib and $80 tshirt for me though...so I can pretend I ran it. I do have my Mud Run coming up in a few weeks though. And I am SOOOO excited to do this one. I've found that people think it's totally gross or totally cool when I tell them about it - no in between. Lucky for me Laural thinks it's cool and is my teammate. Come cheer us on and bring your Super Soakers on May 23rd in Summerlin!
~Jamie's sister Jen had an - I don't even know what to call it..."kinda auction" for her friend. It was to raise money for Juvenile Diabetes. She posted items and services on her blog with a price and the 1st person to respond "won" the item or service. Chris gave a photo shoot to Jen to post...and I won it! I am beyond excited. I have been looking at Chris work for a while and LOVE it. I even told her about a month ago, that I wanted her to do our family as soon as Brooke can walk. We might even have to wait till fall though because I for sure want them outside , but it is getting WAY hot already. Thanks Jen and thanks also to Chris!
~After being so sick, I really felt like I needed to get back in the gym...to get my strength up and to "do" something. I ran 3 miles on Monday and then lifted. Later we stopped at Target to pick up a few things and as I was putting Brooklynn in her car seat, I fell off the curb and rolled my ankle! What a dork! I felt it coming, but there was nothing I could do to stop it...I think my body was too worn out from being sick and the run that morning, to catch itself. I guess I'm lucky I didn't break it. Can you tell? The left one was WAY swollen. Actually it still is three days later. I have been swimming this week to keep from pounding it too much. Swimming is way more tiring than running! sorry Pam - hopefully this doesn't gross you out too much. I chopped the toes off ;o)
Other stuff we have been doing:
bought new goggles and have made a few trips to the pool.

Got some free popcorn at Target thanks to the many coupons from my friendly neighborhood pharmacist!

Made cookies while we were cooped up inside trying not to infect anyone. Then I put strawberry frosting on them at Alison's request - which totally ruined them. Gross. But it kept me from eating them, which is a plus.

I made a shirt (here are all the pattern pieces cut out) It looked way lame, so I'm gonna cut it up for scraps I think.

Lots and lots of coloring..

2 comments:

  1. How can anyone yell at you when so much has been going on??? You will probably turn that ankle another half dozen times before it gets strong again. That seems to be the way it works for some reason.

    I'm really anxious to see all of you. Brooklynn has changed so much since I have seen her and it sounds like you have too, Mandi!

    You should still take it a little bit easy. (Do I sound like a Mother??)

    I love you,

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha I was going to tell you to make a post but your house has been sick and your are always so busy so I didn't want to make you feel obligated to make time for your blog. glad you were finally feeling up to making a blog post though.

    I haven't made a post in a while but not much has really been happening.

    oh and free fun stuff... sorta free stuff.
    Jim and I go to lots of special events this time of year. there are always fun things going on spring/summer time free events but usually the free events there aren't any free fun things to do at usually you have to pay for everything at the event if its free toget in but it is fun to go and walk around and look at stuff (as long as your kids don't beg you to buy things)

    we always go walk around and get something to eat.

    ReplyDelete