Friday, February 29, 2008

Grateful



"Birds sing after a storm;
why shouldn't people feel as free to delight
in whatever sunlight remains to them?"


Grateful that our issues are not fatal
Grateful that Brian is out of surgery safe and sound
Grateful that he is eager to start PT on Tuesday and begin recovering
Grateful that my in-laws keeping my kids busy and happy
Grateful that my Mom was keeping me calm and helping me keep things in perspective
Grateful that Brian's friends want to know how he is straight out of surgery, even though they are crazy busy
Grateful that Vicotin exists to keep my boy from the pain
Grateful that he knows I'm trying to hold back tears as they take him away so he gives me one last squeeze
Grateful that I have friends who offer to help (even when they know I might need them at five am)
Grateful that my Dad finished our taxes so soon and we can use the tax return to pay these bills ;o)
Grateful that I have family that sent me messages to my phone and MySpace to let me know they were thinking and praying for us.
Grateful that he doesn't get *too* mad when I make fun of his compression hose, or him trying to get up the stairs
Yes, I have a lot to be grateful for :o)

4 comments:

  1. I am Grateful to be your Mom.... You are an awsome person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's already trying to go up the stairs??
    Glad to hear everything went well. I'm sure you're both glad today is almost over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet you're glad that it's over at least the surgery part of it. You guys will be fine and I'm sure Brian will recover quickly.

    He might not want to be climbing stairs just yet though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your MoM and Me, your friends, and your brothers are GRATEFUL to have you.

    With all my love!!!!!

    DAD

    ReplyDelete