Friday, July 31, 2009

This Week

On Monday we went to the gym. I did bootcamp, and I thought I would die from all the jumping. Lots of surfboards, jacks and criss-cross. Then Miss Alison had gymnastics...she did so good climbing to the second tape 3 times! She said she is going to go all the way to the top next week, which kinda makes me nervous. It's a huge warehouse and the rope hangs from the ceiling...very high for my little girl to climb up, but to also have to climb down!
We came home for lunch, a quick nap for Brooklynn and then off to the dentist. The girls were fighting as to who got to go first. They both got A's for their brushing and no cavities :o) In addition to the lame toys they got to pick out, they got a balloon, a set of gloves (pink for Al, purple for Ellie), a mirror, and a mask...so they could "play dentist" when they got home. One more year and all 3 will be going...God help me.

On Tuesday we went to the gym and I did some weight training, and a short mile run. The rest of the day we just hung out at home. It was too hot to even go to the pool. That evening Alison, Ellie and I went to Alison's new school to meet her teacher and classmates. The kids had fun playing on the playground, eating Popsicles, making a visor with foam stickers, and running in the sprinklers - her teacher even ran in the water with them. I tried finding someone to carpool with, so I can continue my 8:00 bootcamp, but no one lives close enough to me :o( Alison is one of 16 kids in the class (yep only 16, and in addition to her teacher there is a full time aid!) but there are only 5 girls in the class. She is used to it though, in kindergarten she was the only girl besides Ellie. The idea of the night was to let the kids get to know their teachers and each other, so the first day of school isn't quite so scary. I think it worked, Alison is even more excited to go to school now!


On Wednesday, back at the gym, I ran 4 miles and biked 3 & did some ab work. We went to the pool for an hour and made some brownies for my Brownies & Wine book club. I tried to make blondies - they were OK, but I wish I would have stuck with chocolate. Later that evening I left at about 6:15 to pick up some wine and Candace before heading over to Vicky's. We were discussing Three Cups of Tea...great story and message.


On Thursday we did nothing. Seriously, we did not do one thing all day. I felt crappy and tired, and had nothing planned, so I kept it that way. Even dinner was lame...I didn't have what I thought I did for dinner, so I just threw some spaghetti and salads together and called it dinner. Brian had to go back to work, so I started and almost finished another book - I never sleep well when he is gone. He got home a little after 2am and I had dozed off :o)


Today we were back at the gym for yoga. Now that I am back to training for a race, the guy who I hope will be my trainer, suggested I start yoga again. Running makes your muscles so short, so I need something to counteract it. He said that strength training and flexibility are equally important as the training runs I am doing. Without all three, my race will be much much harder.
I had planned to go to Old Navy for the friends and family deal, but the coupon wouldn't print. I sent it to Brian and asked him to print it at work for me. Maybe tonight a family trip to Town Square will happen...Old Navy and frozen yogurt. Then again, maybe not...Brian will probably not want to go.

This weekend I will be going to Joann's to get fabric for my quilt (I never made this week's squares, so I will have to make 14 this weekend ;o). I will be running 6 miles and attending my first training seminar for the marathon. I will be getting an hour facial and and hour massage. And last but not least I will be going to church. Alison's first memory verse is due this week and she is very excited that she memorized it and the scripture. "Forgive as the Lord forgave you" Colossians 3:13.



Oh, and I will be putting this little one in lots of cute dresses. She can finely wear them now that she is walking :o)

6 comments:

  1. you are really amazing with your running and training and everything and i envy your mile time - that is awesome! enjoy your massage and facial and your weekend. good luck with your marathon training. i would love love to join you but i am in no way ready to attempt that yet - maybe i can join you next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are so sporty :) i love that about you and wish i was the same. i LOVE the dresses on the little miss; so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brook looks so cute in the dress, I know what you mean I hated putting dresses on Maddie before she could walk (especialy when she was crawling) it only frustrated her. Plus it makes changing diapers way easy.

    you are such an active person not just the exercise/marathons but you always seem to stay busy makes me feel like I don't accomplish much! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are awesome!!
    Is the marathon seminar with Red Rock?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so impressed with your training!
    LOVING that there are only 16 kids in the class! Super lucky!
    Super cute picture of Brooke. She is such a doll:O)
    totally love the cargo short bag! What a cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is cool about Al's class only being 16 to 1. Sounds like she is going to love school. canot wait to see you at Christina's

    ReplyDelete