Thursday, May 1, 2008

BBBbrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Just got out of a freezing cold shower. Last night our water heater went out. Well actually the 'thermocouple" went out, whatever that is. All I understand is that the pilot light wont stay lit = no hot water.

Brian called a repair guy and they said they could make it out on Friday afternoon...ummmm NO - too long! So we looked up the "problem" on google, he bought the part and is going to replace it himself. The repair guy would be a minimum $100 to install it. Its so nice to have a husband that is handy. It must save us thousands.

No bath for the girls this morning...they freeze when they get out of a warm bath!

5 comments:

  1. That sucks, you could do the old fashioned way and heat up water over your stove top.....as if you don't have anything else to do right.

    I agree thank goodness for handy husbands, I have one myself

    ReplyDelete
  2. No way, I'm way past a cold shower! It would be a sponge bath for me. I'm glad it happened BEFORE I got there.

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. i was wondering why darric went out into the garage last night. sorry to hear that. cold showers are no fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. well a cold shower might feel good if it is rediculously hot out...then again goign from being really hot to freeing cold gives me a headache.

    that's great you have a handy-hubby because I'm handier than mine and I'm not all that handy. makes repairs expensive.

    although i did halfway fix our toilet a couple times (just can't fit the lid back on). lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know the feeling about a handy husband... I sometimes wish he was handier with Cars, but he can do most everything else.. including modifying a DDR pad so I have a fun workout. It would be hard for you to do the classic stove top water heat since you can't do any heavy lifting heehee.. as I said with Christina.. getting closer ;)

    ReplyDelete