I have thought about this all week. Not overwhelmingly or anything, but I wondered what I want this year to bring.
Before our Women's' Group broke for the Christmas break, we all prayed for something. One of the younger ladies started to pray for patience. Before she could get the word out of her mouth the older women yelled "NNNNnnnnooooooo". They went on to explain that the only way to learn patience, is to be put in long hard situations where you will be able to practice it. I must have made the wrong prayer because if last year wasn't helping me to learn patience, I don't know what it was for! I got through one day just to move on to the next.
This year I resolve to live for today. I will be 100% where I am at. Not 50% here and 50% on the next task, or next day or next errand. We will plan for our future, but live in the now. I'm sure my kids will benefit, I know my husband will. So here is to 2009! The best year yet!
"Attitude is a choice. We can create our own world by the way we choose to see it. For the next year your mind can focus on fear, worry, problems, negativity or despair. Or it can focus on confidence, opportunity, solutions, optimism and success. You decide."
I like it.. I'm trying to do that right now with this back situation. I finally made an appointment to see my doctor yesterday for 12:30 today and I throw it out more just trying to empty a box froma squating position. I'll see what my doctor says, but I still want to at least walk the half marathon.
ReplyDeletei think patience is on most mom's lists. (every year)
ReplyDeleteyou picked a good one.
i like the one you picked. Live for today!! love it.. We all should do that. Good luck, we all can benefit from that.
ReplyDeletei like your resolution... I also like your running logo on the side of your blog very cute!
ReplyDeleteIf more people lived in the "Now" without worring about yesterday or tomorrow the world would be a better place. I think that is a great idea, perhaps I'll try it....tomorrow!
ReplyDelete'Love ya'
Mom
can i just say, ditto??? amazing post...very well said...i lied the part especially about being 100% where you are...thanks for the reminder...
ReplyDelete