Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Wait List = 108




A year ago last November (so what is that? like 14 months ago?) I put Alison and Ellie on a few wait lists for preschools around our house. In the meantime, Heather announced she was starting a preschool and we jumped on the opportunity to get them in. Well today one of the preschools called and said we were at the top of the list. I told her I had found a school and asked for just Ellie to be put back on the list for the fall.



The class is 12 kids and the wait list is 108 kids! That's crazy! If she is already in the class, she gets priority the next month, so basically once your in - your in. When Alison starts Kindergarten in the fall, I wont be able to take Ellie all the way to Heather's house. So I enrolled Ellie in this new preschool.



It is going to be so hard for her to go by herself. She is SOOOOO attached to Alison. When Ellie gets hurt, she wants "her sis" to hold her, not anyone else, and she won't do any activities without Al. But I think that's another reason why she needs to go. We'll see. Heather assured me that if this doesn't work out that Ellie is welcome to finish out the year with her. And Ellie misses the cutoff for Kindergarten by 5 days, so actually she wont start school for a couple years. She is such a sponge though when it comes to learning and she REALLY needs the structure, so Id like to have her in some sort of preschool. So if it doesn't work out, then it wont break my heart :o)


3 comments:

  1. that is crazy... I better get Maddie on a wait list now haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's cool that you won't have to drive so far. i bet ellie will do good without her big sis. i was worried about madison too and i think they like getting their own attention when they go by themselves.

    ReplyDelete