So I gave up Facebook for Lent - to those of you who are not addicted it might seem like a lame thing to give up...other know exactly why I did it.
I found myself thinking about sending a text to my status ALL day...so stupid. Here are some of the things I *would* have sent...
*one of China's womens hockey players is named Shu Ting - totally not kidding. we were laughing everytime the announcer said her name :o) (Also the Chinese coach doesn't speak Chinese and the players don't speak English - isn't that just crazy?!)
*Ellie was watching Nick Jr this morning and I heard them say "It's just like preschool on TV". Seriously? So I can do away with homeschooling her and just plop her in front of the TV for hours. Thats rad. (kidding people - i don't do that...most days)
*I have been sending Brian inappropriate Ecards everyday till our big vacation. They crack us up...but they are not anywhere near kid friendly/parent friendly enough to post. If your lucky, maybe I'll send you a friendship one ;o)
*I still feel like crap and I'm not sick (or pregnant!) I can't wait to go to the Dr on Monday to get it sorted out. I'm hoping for an easy fix...like adjusting my thyroid meds...when they are off, it can really do a number on ya.
*Alison keeps complaining about her belly hurting...I can't decide if it's drama, or if it's real. Hhhmmmm.
*I am reading Ted Kennedy's Book - pretty good - but l-o-n-g.
*I neeeeeeeeeeeed sun. Thinking about going home for spring break. The beach, IKEA, and The Container Store are calling me. As are some of my bestest friends - I need some good friend time.
*Where are cute clothes right now? Gonna try to talk my Mama into taking me shopping - shouldn't be hard to do ;o) I need *outfits* rather than just jeans and Tshirt...I wanna look cute on my vaycay.
*Ellie thinks the Olympics are boring. "why do they keep doing the same things over and over?"
*Read a new book about miracles...everyday people can be a part of them all the time...and how to make it happen. Interesting, even if I don't buy all of it.
*doing A LOT of research about clean food and healthy eating. Anyone got any good resources for me? This little family of mine are going to be making some big changes...one at a time, and slowly, so everyone doesn't freak out. Hopefully they won't even notice!
dinner: Sweedish meatballs, rice and corn
ps: i like the new blogger layout - but where is spell check? didnt they do this last time too?!


Ok, so booooo on everybody changing the layouts! Why am Anonymous all of a sudden and can't change it = ( Ok, so enough about me.....YOU NEED SUN! I MISS YOU!!!
ReplyDeleteP.S. This is JenG
ReplyDeleteI hope it's a quick fix too.. I'm wondering about my thyroid meds.. my hair keeps thinning out and I already have really thin hair. And good luck with the Facebook thing.. It's hard for me to go a day without looking at it.. I feel more connected to friends and family with it since I'm not good with phones.. they are the bane of my existence at work.
ReplyDeleteThis is Ricki incase I get posted Anonymous
you always make me laugh. Everynight I want to call you as I'm watching the olympics. And I can never catch the womens hockey,,,today we see if USA plays Canada right? Did you see all the wipeouts on womens downhill and what the heck is the skeleton...I've never seen that before..I SO WANT TO BE ONE OF THOSE GIRLs headed down headfirst!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI will comment about the healthy eating, since I am on a new kick to eat GMO and BPA free! Basically anything canned, espcially canned tomatoes avoid them at all cost, or in plastic has BPA, sometimes even when it says BPA free! It's REALLY bad for you and especially little ones.
ReplyDeleteThe GMO is genetically modified foods like soy and corn being the biggest offenders. The pestisides are breed into the plant, so you cannot wash it off.
If you are interested let me know. I'm just starting on this, so we could do it together.
Janelle